Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Wizard of Oz What Character are You?

Somewhat related to my last entry, this is also about stuff in movies that is beneath the surface. I met someone quite a while ago who had a theory that everyone on earth's personality is represented by a character from the Wizard of Oz.

Its really quite simple.
If you are a male you are either:
The Cowardly lion (you need courage ie you're a pussy)
The Scarecrow (you need a brain ie you're an idiot)
The Tin Man (you need a heart ie your are a cruel asshole)
Toto (you blindly follow around a woman ie you need your own personality)

If you are a female you are either:
Dorothy (you are naive and lost)
The Wicked Witch (You are a cruel and heartless bitch)
The Good Witch (You are pretty much perfect)

The Wizard represents any authority figure and that they are basically just phonies hiding behind smoke and mirrors. The munchkins don't come into the equation.

An over simplification? Possibly but its definitely something to think about.

tags: , , ,

1 comment:

  1. When I was a kid, I was pretty much the yellow brick road; people used to just walk all over me. Then, I grew a backbone (or, rather, realized it wasn't 'unkind' to take care of yourself and put people in their place) and kicked some major ass, thus becoming the wicked witch.

    Now, I'm at a good place and I just am...so I guess that only character that I could be is the wind. Just like Frank Zappa says, "Whichever way the wind blows"...

    If I was any character from any movie, it would have to be a female version of Ponyboy from the Outsiders. (That's just off of the top of my head.)

    ReplyDelete