Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Office

I Originally wrote off the first season of the American office after seeing the pilot episode because it was a poor cookie cutter version of the British version. At that point I had seen the entire 2 seasons and the holiday special so I really didn't want to watch the whole story played out again. So up until this season I had only seen 1 episode of season 1. This all changed when I caught an episode of season 2 a couple of weeks ago, the show has definitely come into its own. The basic premise is the same but they are rolling with a different storyline all together. Steve Carell is the perfect person to play the boss character, he does it brilliantly. I literally cannot picture another (American) actor who could putt it off as well as him. Its also a refreshing change to see a show that features "average" looking people. I don't know how the show is doing in the ratings (its on NBC who are in last place of the big 4 networks) but I hope it can finish its run.

tags:, ,

2 comments:

  1. Dee, is Dee here. I am looking for a Dee that was nice enough to comment on my blog. :)

    Looks like this is a pretty neat'o blog you have here.

    Thanks for the comment, it was helpful. I can always use nice bloggers like yourself to give me a ring once in a while.

    Sorry, I havn't seen this show, so I can't really commnet on it. But I look forward to future visits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who works on this brilliant show and the impression I get is that it's future is grim. :(
    I also Loved the British version and was weary of the American version, at first, but I think it is great, if not maybe too smart for the American reality-loving public.

    There is a picture of me with some of the cast members from the office on my blog, if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete