Saturday, October 22, 2005

Klara Polzl Hitler


Tom was right. The picture in my previous post (and this one) is of Klara Polzl Hitler, Adolf Hitler's mother.

I found the pic while flipping through and old book I had and it hit me that I never even considered that Adolf Hitler had a family. Being such a diabolical figure in history, for some reason in my mind he existed as a sole entity that appeared in time without a family history or future (I think in my mind he existed in the same way I would imagine the devil, but in this case we are talking about an actual human being who actually lived). I guess I also never pictured him as a child, only as the confused, demented syphilis ridden middle aged man who is prominently featured on the history channel. Its hard to explain but I guess I don't picture someone who murdered millions of people to have had a normal family dynamic or any family dynamic for that matter. I think that my thoughts are so influenced by films that I subconsciously fill in the untold parts of the story (not with necessarily the most logical events but maybe the ones most important to the overall plot). Prior to finding the picture, in my brain Adolf Hitler just showed up in Germany one day without a back story. I know the parts of his history that contain all the atrocities so the rest had been filed as unimportant.

15 comments:

  1. finally, a blog with some class

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post.
    I don't know whether considering his life makes what he did more or less scary.
    I guess more because that means a child has the potential to be that evil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I just realized I felt the same way as you did - that he just popped onto the face of the earth!!
    So strange that he should have been spawned of a woman!
    Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found it amazing that Google had an Ad about Jewish geneology in respose to the word Hitler I guess.Who will ever figure out how AdSense really works! Let me know if you do!
    I had to look at that ad,it just seemed like the way to show support somehow,for the Jewish community I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's strange to think of someone like Hitler as a human being. It was weird to see his paintings, for example.

    In all honesty, they weren't very good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apparently, his surviving relatives are living in New York State.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is quite an interesting viewpoint.

    I agree, you never realize that anyone who commits these atrocities has a relative or two somewhere in the world. Hell, Jeffrey Dahmer, Charlie Manson, Gary Gilmore...they have a cousin or a sibling floating around.

    Martha Stewart, however, was hatched by aliens. I know this for a fact.

    Sudiegirl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:01 AM

    Some time ago while browsing the WEB I did find Hitler´s genealogy. The site has pictures of him as a baby, child and his family too. Really interesting, if you like the black side of human history.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should read Levin's Boys From Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  10. aha! I know how that guy knew who she was...

    if you right-click on the picture and go to "save image as", it will tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2:46 AM

    I was just amazed myself after doing genealogy research through my grandmother's side of the family. That we are definitely related to Klara Polzl, amazing isn't it? The funny part is that my grandmother, married my grandfather, of course, and he is of a jewish descendant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:36 PM

    im doing a project for school right now on adolf hitler and i never even knew exactly who he was till this project i never really payed too much attention to him he didnt seem that important to me and still he doesnt seem like a huge figure in american history to me....so why do we have to learn about him now?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous3:00 AM

    Apparently Klara died from a Gunshot.... didn't she??

    And Hitler's Dad "Alois Schicklgruber" has an interesting history....
    His Mother "Maria Anna Schicklgruber" was working for "Baron Salomon Mayer von Rothschild" when she became pregnant with her only child...

    so there is a 25% chance that he has Rothschild lineage...as there are 4 possible fathers....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous6:29 AM

    I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
    And you et an account on Twitter?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous12:24 PM

    Klara was Alois' second cousin.
    Alois was very cruel to young Adolf.
    so there's a possibility that his real biological father was a Filipino Doctor known to have affairs with many young beautiful women...

    http://shio7sins.blogspot.com/2008/05/jose-rizal-and-adolf-hitler-relatives.html

    ReplyDelete