Wednesday, September 28, 2005

a score for all seasons

Afi has released its list of the top 25 film scores of all time and coming in at number 1 is Star Wars. Fuck Yeah. This brings me to something that I've always said and that is. "The Star Wars films wouldn't be half the movies they were without the score and the sound effects". The sound effects created by Ben Burtt they were completely unique and original and really set the tone for the films.

These sounds include but are not limited to

*R2D2
*Lightsabers
*Tie fighters
*Darth Vadar
*Blasters
*Jawas
*Millenium Falcon failing to go light speed
*AT-AT walkers
*Droids
*Chewbacca
*Speeder Bike
*Land Speeder
*Ewoks

I write too much about Star Wars

tags: . , ,

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Star Wars...the music and sound effects really transformed the movie making industry.

    Who doesn't recognize that loud crackle and hiss of activating a light saber?

    It's forever woven into the fabric of our culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:38 AM

    Brilliant! Fantastic! Yes!!

    I always said (at least to myself) that Star Wars was brilliant because of the sound effects and score. I love them to death, and believe in God because of them.

    Okay that last bit wasn't true. Even God couldn't have done that well.

    ReplyDelete