Tuesday, April 25, 2006

SWINGLES!!!

If you were like me as a kid on Halloween night after Trick or Treating you would sit down to a gluttonous feast from your sack of candy and you may or may not have stumbled onto the unmistakable taste of eating a bag of plain potato chips after a chocolate bar. Well its a taste I have never forgotten so to continue in the tradition of that unholy marriage of chocolate and potato chips I present to you Swoops + Pringles = SWINGLES!!!

Here they are, looking so innocent and unaware of their bizarre and twisted fate.

Since the Swoops are quite a bit thicker than the Pringles I decided to use 2 parts Pringle for every 1 part Swoop, I also decided to try 2 different versions: the Pringle wrapped Swoop and vice versa. I decided to first try the Pringle wrapped Swoop (right hand side).

Hmmm, it was alright. Need to cleanse the palette with a bit of Coke, now onto the Swoop wrapped Pringle.

The Pringle Wrapped Swoop was definitely the better of the two, but would it be improved with a little peanut butter?

No not really. and after eating just 3 of these concoctions I realized that just because Swoops are the same shape as pringles doesn't necessarily mean they should be put together, I also realize that just because something seemed like it was a good idea when I was 7 years old doesn't necessarily mean it's still a good idea when I'm 27.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:11 PM

    There's this candy shop near my house and the lady makes these chocolate covered potato chips that rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:29 AM

    Peanut butter, the world's most perfect food.
    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like my eyes have just opened for the first time! How could I have not seen the matching shapes. (I'm ashamed)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi...gravitated here from Izzy...
    all I can say is there is an Evil candy shop that I frequent that covers MANY a thing in chocolate...chips, pretzels, gummi bears...ok, that was gross...but many things,even popcorn...which by the way, is to die for... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:00 PM

    Maybe the pringles weren't greasy enough?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:43 AM

    We are one soul divided in two bodies. I mean this in the most spiritual way.

    ReplyDelete