Wednesday, April 05, 2006

In the land of the deaf the one eared man is king (but I live in a world of sound)

This is post #111.
I decided to change up the layout a bit.

My brother let me in on this interesting tidbit:
Yesterday at 123 seconds after 1:00 it was 01:02:03 04/05/06

So for the last 2 days I have been deaf in my left ear, I think I have some sort of infection because it is painful and spending about an hour yesterday flushing my ear out with an ear syringe did absolutely nothing except make me more frustrated.

Losing 50% of your hearing is more like losing 75% because you lose the whole "stereo field". It's really something you take for granted. I think it's the same as if you were to lose sight out of one eye you also lose depth perception which probably also seems like more than 50%.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:30 AM

    i love the new layout. great clashing colour choices. also i was in the grocery store the other day and noticed even more dudes as cereal promoters. snap, crackle and pop are all guys, and also the honey bee. and that mini wheats character. where are all the ladies?? i think i'm going to fight for a new feminist cereal icon of some sort. maybe for reese peanut butter puffs cause it's definitly the best cereal ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:15 PM

    Hey I had this too, I went to the walk in clinic & they fixed me in about 5 minutes. Some hot nurse used a syringe & poured warm water in my ear until all the crap came out.

    Go get fixed up dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:45 AM

    Losing one eye wouldn't affect your depth perception. Close one eye and look around. The world doesn't all of a sudden become a flat picture. You can still tell what's close and what's far away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:37 PM

    You can't just close or cover one eye and look around to get the effect cause you're just seeing everything from memory. Go somewhere perfectly unfamiliar and then try it.

    ReplyDelete