Monday, June 21, 2004

Elevate me Later



A few years ago I saw the movie "Bicentennial man" and I had such rock bottom expectations that I actually liked it. At the time I remember sincerely enjoying the movie. Well I saw it again today and I have to say that it is garbage. Which brings me back to the belief that the only good Robin Williams movie is "Good Will Hunting" and the only good Sam Neill movie is Jurassic Park nothing. Neill is one of those guys that you can almost take seriously but he still seems like the poor mans version of someone (whom I haven't yet figured out......maybe Pierce Brosnan).

All this got me thinking about expectations and how they ruin everything. Because I had expected this movie to suck originally I had perceived it as good and I only really find my true thoughts years later. The opposite is even worse, when all I hear is how a good a movie is it is destined to be a disappointment. I didn't like the Lord of the Rings movies (well the first 2 is all I've seen). Maybe in 4 years I'll change my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:56 PM

    A poor man's Dennis Quaid? Second runner up is Harrison Ford.

    ReplyDelete