Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Breakup Letter

I'm fucking done with you. This is it. I'm serious this time. This isn't love, this is an unhealthy obsession. You're all that I think about anymore but I can't take it. You're tearing up my insides. You're slowly destroying me. It was alright at first when we just had a casual relationship but its reached the point now where I need you around everyday or I just don't feel right. Fuck this shit. How could I have fallen under your spell. You don't offer me anything I've given you so much. I only have myself to blame for giving you any of my energy, especially any of my power. I guess I just needed you around to fill the boring nights, something to occupy these idle hands, this idle mind. You're fucking killing me and I just keep running back for more. You make me feel like a chump for even giving you a minute of my time. I’m addicted to you , and I know that you’re toxic*. What the fuck am I doing with you? You've fucked over so many people in the past and here I am, just the next one in line. This is it. When I see you with other people it may affect me at first but I'll be over you soon enough and this time I won't come back.

Yeah that's right I'm talking about my heartless mistress NICOTINE. Fucking bitch. I quit smoking 5 years ago but I fell off in the past year. Fucking ridiculous how easy it was to slip back into it. I was always one of the people who questioned how anyone who quit could ever start again. Now I know. Dumb move. Really Dumb. Dumber than the jokes on "Two and a half men" (OK maybe not that dumb).

* yeah I threw in a Britney Spears lyric, so what?

2 comments:

  1. Resolve me of my guilt! Blame it on Burma's slack regulations in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 80 year old Grandmother has decided to stop smoking. Not sure why... Her strategy is to have 2 1/2 packs on hand in case she wants to start again. So far she has managed to quit since September....Inspiration? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete