Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Fountain - Toronto International Film Festival

The Fountain is the much anticipated third movie for director Darren Aronofsky (who did Pi and Requiem for a Dream). From the Imdb plot summary: Spanning over one thousand years, and three parallel stories, The Fountain is a story of love, death, spirituality, and the fragility of our existence in this world. This is actually a really hard film to explain, I think you have to see it to really understand what it's all about.

As with all of Aronofsky's films this one really makes you think about life and the larger issues facing us. I always said that Requiem for a Dream was a great movie but that I would never watch it again because it was so intense that afterwards I was in a very strange mental state.

Although one of this films main themes is death it is dealt with in a very positive manner. The visual effects are amazing and Hugh Jackman's performance is stellar. Check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:18 AM

    I just saw this movie a couple days ago, and although the affects were great, and although Hugh Jackman is a hot piece of ass, this movie just didn't do it for me. Don't get me wrong, I love Requiem for a Dream and Pi a lot, but The Fountain left me confused and disappointed. I felt that it just didn't have enough of a plot. I understood the whole life, death, whatever theme, but it still just kind of left me disappointed.

    ReplyDelete