Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Don't tip the delivery boy

Lately I've had some encounters with some pretty down and out creatures. To start off a few weeks ago I walked to the store for some late night groceries and on the way came face to face with 2 sknunks who seemed to be fighting each other (or loving each other) either way I figured they might be about to go off if I was anywhere near, so I got the hell out of there. If that wasn't strange enough when I got home I noticed the next door neighbor cat sitting on my porch looking extremely interested at what was going on in the kitchen. I looked in the window to see a bat flying around the house. The bat catching story is a long one but lets just say that after 2 hours he was outside again.

Unrelated to that today I was eating some leftover pizza which had been ordered a few days earlier and had been in the fridge and three quarters into the second slice I noticed something strange. The slice had 2 separate clusters of little white things on it. It looked strange so I looked at the remaining slices to see if it was some kind of spice that had been put on the whole pizza but it only appeared on the slice I had in my hand. Upon closer inspection the clusters where little bunches of maggots. HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess when the pizza had been sitting out after it had been ordered a fly had laid some eggs on it. TOTAL FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to food cleanliness and such so I hate shit like that, especially not knowing if I had actually eaten a bunch of them without knowing.

My Mom told me that in the native American world that when animals appear in your life they are there to teach you something and that each one symbolizes something that is supposed to be a lesson, well I looked up the skunk and the bat to find out what they were supposed to mean but I cant for the life of me find out what a fucking maggot teaches you when you (most likely) ingest it. WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. oh man, that is just awful...I'd be puking my guts out if I were you. hell, I didn't even eat the maggoty pizza and just from me reading this I might puke my guts out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:01 PM

    that's really horrible. i worked at this place once where in summer the flies came out in hoards and 1 out of 3 mornings when i walked in (i was usually first to get there) i'd see bits of chubby rice moving across the floor. when it comes to wee beasties i don't get squirmish, but maggots have that "special" quality about them. i can imagine you won't take a bite of pizza without looking at it first for a very, very long time ...

    ReplyDelete